1-12 of 12 posts
Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Lisa Scott says:
so the Writers' Store and Industry Insider have really take on the "contest" game. i guess they figured out how lucrative it is with all us wannabees willing to throw out cash for chance

anyhoo --
https://www.writersstore.com/industry-insider-television-writing-contest/?et_mid=603457&rid=232876190

this one you download their free tv pilot kit and submit it. looks like it's a proposal and character breakdown. then they choose their top 50. then they choose their top 10. somewhere in there a pilot must be written, i'm sure. anyhoo -- if you have the money and a fantastic idea... go for it!

me - i'm still working on that logline/first 15 pages contest. this stupid forum allows me to procrastinate!
Andrew says:
[Deleted by Amazon Studios on March 05, 2013 12:04 PM PST]
Chris Wilson says:
...that's if you want to go the dark depressing melodrama route.

This logline also has a similarity to the 'Wizard of Oz' and could be taken in an entirely different fantastical direction. The death of parents is a catalyst used in a number of children's stories/folk tales (Harry Potter being a recent example).

I imagine that the judges will be looking for something that is entirely original that stands out from the other entries.
Sam Miller says:
I think you're confusing the feature competition with the TV pilot one. The TV pilot doesn't have a generic logline you have to use, while the feature does.
Andrew says:
Chris Wilson says:
:)
Andrew says:
Andrew says:
Brilliant.
Andrew says:
Andrew says:
Lisa Scott says:
anybody check out the tv pilot kit yet? i have not yet -- procrastinating i suppose. i'm not really a tv writer anyway, so i may never enter anyway.

Studio Forums

The Commissary

Meet up with friends and regulars to catch up, cheer, vent or just share your thoughts.