Thanos Kermitsis was born in 1985 in Athens.
With a degree in Social Administration from Panteion University, he also
graduated from the post-production department in Intergraphics:College of
Digital Technologies in Applied & Fine Arts.
He has worked as an assistant
director, movie editor and camera operator in the Production Companies
MachineOff and STEFI in Greece.
He has graduated from New York College,Athens, in the Film & Tv Studies department,in 2010.
He already has directed two feature films as well as short
films,many of which have won awards both in Greece and Internationally.
2011-Indomitable:Prelude (short film) 11'
2011-Troglodytes (short film) 21'
2010 Zise san Mpatsos, Psofa san skilos
a.k.a Live like a Cop, Die like a Dog (short film) 40'
2010 Remnant (short film) 15'
2010 Hitokiri II: Road to Destiny (feature film) 96'
2009 Partides me ton Haro a.k.a Death Knocks (short film) 20'
2007 Hitokiri (feature film) 138'
* 2nd Artfools Video Festival, Special Award for "Partides me ton Haro", 2010
* Swansea Bay International Film Festival, Award in the category: "International Short Film" for the film "Remnant", 2010
* Heart of England International Film Festival, Nomination for the film "Remnant" in the category "International Short Film", 2010
* International Film Festival Ireland, Nomination for the film "Remnant" in the category "European-Under 30 mins" , 2010
* Argo Film Festival, 2nd Award , for the film "Remnant", 2010
*Canada International Film Festival, Royal Reel Award,for the film "Remnant", April 2011
*Staffordshire Festival of Performing Arts,Runner up for "Best International Short"for the film "Troglodytes",May 2011.
*Los Angeles Movie Awards,Honourable Mention for the film "Troglodytes",May 2011.
*Cyprus International Film Festival, "Best Greek Short Film" Award for the film "Troglodytes", October 2011.