More About Me
I am awesome. That is all. Ok. On a more serious note... I live in Los Angeles. I'm from Louisiana. I have a B.A. in English (Creative Writing) and a B.A. in Anthropology from Louisiana State University. I was halfway through anthropology grad school when I decided I didn't want to live in the wilds of Africa and instead wanted to be a screenwriter. So I went to USC for the MFA screenwriting program. My thesis script (After the Fall) received the program's highest honor of distinction. I'm an internationally published poet and I've been to every continent at least once (this includes Antarctica). I went to school in England at the University of East Anglia for awhile and I spent a summer backpacking solo across Europe and northern Africa. I'm currently living off of student loans and I write between four and eight hours a day, six days a week.
I am currently writing "R.D.T.3", a one hour drama TV police procedural pilot about the National Joint Terrorist Task Force's Rapid Deployment Team. Every week, Rapid Deployment Team 3, led by wunderkind Samantha Greer, pursues extremist groups and individuals who threaten the defense of the United States and its allies.
I have also just finished co-writing a short film that is currently in production.
Here is my current portfolio and the contests that I've placed in.
• 2010 PAGE International Screenwriting Awards Silver Metal Finalist (2nd Place overall) for Original TV Drama Pilot for After the Fall
• 2010 Student Humanitas Award Nominee for an Original Drama Pilot for After the Fall
• 2010 Josh Schwartz Original Drama Teleplay Competition Runner-Up for After the Fall
• 2010 World Creative Awards Quarterfinalist in Drama for Sebastian
• 2010 World Creative Awards First round finalist in Drama for A Murder of Crows
• 2010 Austin Film Festival Quarterfinalist in Comedy Spec Episode for Modern Family “Mistakes”
• 2009 Nicholl Fellowship Quarterfinalist for Damnation
• 2009 World Creative Awards Quarterfinalist in Drama for Damnation
• American Family (co-written with Andrew Jeric)