Looking for the Next
Great Movie Idea
- We work with visionary storytellers to produce bold, original films.
- Our open-door policy means everyone from aspiring writers to WGA members can submit ideas online, no strings attached.
- If your movie could become somebody's favorite film, we're looking for you.
Submitting a Movie Script
- How should my script be formatted?
- All submissions should be in standard script format. The suggested length for a successful script submission is between 85 and 160 pages using Courier 12-point font and standard script margins. See more guidelines in our Help section.
- What ﬁle format should I use?
You may submit your script as a PDF. This may make it easier for you to format your script, and for others to read and review it.
You may also submit your script in .rtf file format. Saving your script in .rtf format allows it to be opened and edited in all word-processing applications and facilitates collaboration.
Submitting Video Content
- What kind of video should I submit?
- We’re looking for videos that give a glimpse into what an amazing movie your idea could become. To be considered, it should present a linear narrative and be 2-15 minutes in length. Other than that, it’s up to you.
- How do I upload my video in the right format?
- Our systems accept files created using the MPEG-2, MPEG-4 and H.264 video compression methods. For more information on video format, see this Help topic.